If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A few weeks ago I needed nigella seeds for a recipe. They only came in a giant bag. I didn't want the bag to languish only to be used the 3x a year when we make Indian food at home. I wanted to find another use for them besides the traditional ones. Additionally, I love vegetables in ribbon form, rutabaga, asparagus, carrots, zucchini, you name it. - Summer of Eggplant
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (or butter)
- 1 - 3/4 - 1 lb. Parsnip
- 1/2 teaspoon Nigella seeds
- Sea salt
- Toast the nigella seeds in a pan, be careful not to burn them since they are black. They will just start to become fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pare the parsnip and slice it in to ribbons using the paring knife.
- Heat the ghee (or butter) in a pan over a medium heat. Add the parsnip ribbons and saute until golden at the edges, roughly 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in nigella seeds, tossing for even disbursement. Add desired amount of sea salt and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side