If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some years ago , I stumbled across a unique menu in an unusual inn-like setting. I was intrigued by a Cornish Game Hen offering on the menu -slow cooked , infused with exotic flavors, dried fruits, raisons, sultanas, currents, prunes, and apricots. It was so interesting , colorful and flavorful that it inspired me to create this North African Magreb- Tangine style gravy adding also dried cranberries, green & black olives, safron, ginger & white pepper. For a totally different Thanksgiving Dinner... Try this exotic alternative - from North Africa to North America !. - micki barzilay
- 2 cups turkey brown bits / drippings
- 2 cups turkey stock
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cube butter
- 2 yellow onions ( finely chopped)
- 1 head of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 cup Muscat Wine
- cups 1/4 to 1/2 cup of flour ( to preferred thickness)
- 1 cup dried apricots ( pre-soaked in warm water)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1 cup raisons ( yellow, sultana, currents)
- 1 teaspoon safron
- 2 tablespoons ginger ( fresh fine grated)
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 2 cups olives- mix of green & black
- In a large skillet heat olive oil and 1/2 cube of butter. Add onions & garlic, slow sweat,adding in brown bits & drippings carmalize ,deglazing intermitantly with the Muscat , then add in small amounts of flour at a time, alernating with the turkey stock continue stirring ( to avoid lumps) to your preferred thickness. Add in all the other ingredients including the saffron, ginger, salt, and white pepper - cook till raisons, cranberries, apricots, and prunes are plumped. Use additional stock & remaining 1/2 cube of butter as needed to maintain preferred consistancy. Serve over Thanksgiving turkey, stuffing ( Awesome) & mashed potatoes..... then bring on the Belly Dancers & dessert !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gravy
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
Home & design links we love.
Fact: Kids love pizza.
Mortar and pestle perfection.