- blue cheese
- nuts (optional)
For Maple Dressing
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Wash and dry arugula, set aside. Slice endive on a bias thinly. Cut pear in half and remove the center seeds, then slice thinly. Cut the pomegranate in half and pull out sections of the seeds. Remove the seeds from the flesh. Doing so carefully because they will squirt vibrant fuchsia colored juice all over and it stains.
- For the vinaigrette in a small bowl add your mustard, vinegar and maple syrup. Mix well and slowly drizzle olive oil while whisking. Season with a pinch of salt. Taste and adjust to desired flavor. If you prefer more acidity or sweetness.
- You can either place the greens and put all the ingredients on top and drizzle the dressing over. Or you could place all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Depending on how you prefer :) You could use any fall fruit; apples, pears, pomegranates and persimmons. The addition of nuts like walnuts or pecans would be great as well. Yumm :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side