If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 2 eggs (organic & 2 eggs per omelet)
- dollop of crème fraîche or cream
- herbed goat cheese
- fresh herbs (thyme & tarragon, but any fresh herb would do)
- 1 avocado
- 1 pear
- cherry tomatoes
- ciabatta (or your favorite bread)
- sea salt & pepper
- I guess the idea is to have a very delicate omelet with the savory tartness of the goat cheese. Fresh herbs always are nice and the avocado adds a creaminess and nice texture. I love putting avocados on my omelets. I like avocados on a lot of things. You could have any fresh fruit you like. I chose a sweet pear alongside. When cooking eggs the worst thing you can do is cook them on high heat. It hurts me when I see people mistreating eggs, browning them and turning them into a tough smelly mess. When you cook eggs on high heat it causes them to be tough and fibrous. I use a non stick pan on very low heat. Add a little butter to coat. In a bowl mix two eggs and a dollop of Crème Fraîche, mix well with a fork. Season with a little salt and pour the mixture into the pan. Crumble in goat cheese. Gently pull back on the edges to allow even cooking. Flip in half when the eggs are ready. Slice the avocado and the pear into thin slices to fan out on the plate. Place the omelet on a plate, add the avocado on top. Slice some cherry tomatoes in half and place around. I like have the freshness of the tomatoes as appose to cooking them. Tear fresh herbs over top and drizzle a little olive oil. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve with toast and your favorite fruit. Yum, fast and easy.