Author Notes: A simple, traditional turkey gravy, easy to make, that we created for the "What's Cooking?" portion of our book "Cooking with the Movies: Meals on Reels." - Anthony Chiffolo
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup turkey drippings
- 1 cup turkey broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a frying pan, sauté the onion with salt and pepper in the turkey drippings and broth until soft.
- Lower the heat. Add the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir constantly to keep from lumping (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer to a wide-mouthed gravy dish and cover with foil until serving. Stir before pouring over turkey and mashed potatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gravy