If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple, traditional turkey gravy, easy to make, that we created for the "What's Cooking?" portion of our book "Cooking with the Movies: Meals on Reels." - Anthony Chiffolo
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup turkey drippings
- 1 cup turkey broth (or water)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a frying pan, sauté the onion with salt and pepper in the turkey drippings and broth until soft.
- Lower the heat. Add the flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir constantly to keep from lumping (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer to a wide-mouthed gravy dish and cover with foil until serving. Stir before pouring over turkey and mashed potatoes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gravy