If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Southern classic. - jesseclark
- 3 tablespoons Fat ( chicken, pork, butter, pan drippings )
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms ( I prefer shiitakes ) sauteed in 1 T butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons pepper ( should be peppery )
- Heat fat over medium heat. Add flour 1 Tablespoon at a time whisking continuously. Cook stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk a 1/2 cup or so at a time, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes or until well thickened.
- Add simmered mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
- Serve over buttermilk biscuits, mashed potatoes, grits, or your favorite starchy vessel for flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gravy
Not Your Average (Garlic Cheddar) Biscuit
Yes, you need another biscuit recipe.
Why You Need Yet Another Biscuit Recipe.
9 Ways to Celebrate the Royal Baby
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Go play outside!