If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My friend, Sara, shared an almond tart that I like and bake regularly. I have tweeked up the original recipe by making the crust a veritable almond shortbread and the custard more eggy and added more almonds. It is flaky, creamy, crunchy, rich in almond flavors and textures. Almonds are gifts in many cultures and they are always available and not dependent on seasonal whims of nature. It is quick and easy to make, one of my favorite desserts, and if there is any left over, delicious for breakfast. —dymnyno
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, not melted
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour( or you can use 3/4 cup almond meal to make it gluten free)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup superfine white sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- MAKE THE CRUST: Preheat oven to 375 (oven rack in middle of oven)
- Mix all the crust ingredients; flour, almond meal, soft butter, almond extract and pinch of salt. ( a fork works to incorporate the butter)
- In a 11 inch tart pan with a removeable bottom, press the dough up the sides of the pan, and then continue to press it across the bottom of the pan .
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 8 min and remove from oven.
- PREPARE THE FILLING: Lower the heat to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl or blender mix all the filling ingredients; cream, sugar, almond extract, Grand Marnier, eggs, ( except the almonds) and mix until smooth. Then stir in the almonds.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake until golden...about 30 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Edible Gift
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Thanksgiving Pie
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.