If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We always had the traditional cranberry orange relish for holidays. Usually we made it with all white sugar and served it fresh on the table with turkey. But is can also be frozen and served as an appetizer or dessert course. You could shave this to make it fancy, but with how busy holidays are, I suggest setting it out to soften more like sherbet. You can consider making one recipe following the frozen cosmo direction for interested adults and another plain version for those not interested in the spirit version. —Sagegreen
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 pear, pared and cored
- 1 orange, chopped into eighths, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup honey, more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup organic cane sugar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1.5 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1.5 ounces vodka, for cosmo option
- 1 ounce cointreau, optional cosmo version
- fresh herbal sprigs for garnish
- dollops of creme fraiche or whipped cream
- additional splash of cointreau, optional
- Roughly grind your washed, sorted cranberries, pear, and chopped orange in a blender, grinder or processor.
- Blend in the honey, sugar, ginger, lime juice, and optional spirits. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pour the mix into separate molds and freeze. You can also use fancy ice cube tray shapes. Or you can line ramekins with parchment paper for ease of unmolding (obviating the need for warm water).
- To unmold, dunk the molds in warm water, but do not submerge, or simply remove the parchment paper. Plate onto individual dishes and let stand for 5 minutes to soften. Add a garnish of an herbal sprig, an optional splash of spirit, and a dollop of creme fraiche or whipped cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Recipe of the Day
Strawberries and champagne are meant to be
Recipe of the Day
Free shipping, this weekend only!
The freedom to snack.
Savor the season.