If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Much faster than a normal apple cake but just as delicious. Eat this pancake warm with cinnamon ice cream. —Janneke Verheij
- 1 cup flower
- 250 milliliters whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons butter
- pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon vanillasugar
- 2 tablespoons white caster sugar
- Sift the flower; add the vanilla sugar and salt. Make a well in the middle and mix in the milk gradually until you have a smooth consistency without any lumps. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Put the caster sugar in a plate. Peel the apple, cut in four and core. Cut the apple in thin slices; dip both sides in the caster sugar and set aside.
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a wide pan with a thick base and a low rim, on a medium low fire. Put in the apple slices in a nice pattern. Don’t be tempted to put too much apple because it would make it harder to flip the pancake over, half an apple will do, even less if you use a small pan. Let the apple get soft and the sugar caramelize, flip the apple over and pour the mixture on top. Make sure the apple pieces have the mixture on them but try to keep the pancake as thin as possible.
- Wait until the bottom is browned and the top dried, no comes the only tricky part, the flipping over. Put some baking paper on a plate and slide the pancake from the pan on the plate. Hold the plate in one hand and the pan in the other, put the pan with the opening over the plate and turn over fast. Now you just have to wait until this side is brown and enjoy! Very nice with some cinnamon or vanilla ice cream. Time to make the next one, there is half an apple left.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.