If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On a grey and rainy day, I was craving soup. The nearby "gourmet" market has pre-made soups that I often pick up when I don't feel like cooking, but none of the soups that day seemed appealing. Instead I grabbed the ingredients for a veggie-full soup. Easy and quick, as soups go. Perfect for a chilly day! Reheats well, too. —seasonista
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch chard, separated into stalks (diced), and leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh italian parsley, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pre-cooked chicken sausages (I used fennel asiago)
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken stock
- 32 ounces water
- 1/2 cup dry orzo
- 16 ounces pre-cooked white beans
- Saute oil, onion, celery, mushrooms, chard stalks, parsley, garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper, and sausage until onion is soft and mushrooms are soft.
- Add broth & water, cover & boil.
- Add orzo, bring back to boiling, then lower heat & simmer 8-10 minutes
- add white beans & chard leaves, simmer until chard is soft.
- Serve with warm crusty bread. Top with shaved parmesan (or other hard salty cheese). Yum!
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.