If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Some version of this recipe has been in my family since I was born. It was designed as a dessert recipe, but it makes a luxurious breakfast as well. The cakes can be made ahead and warmed in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes (or even in the microwave for 20 seconds or so), and the sauce can be made ahead and microwaved as well. - mg2157
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (frozen and defrosted is fine)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup toasted, chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease standard-size muffin tin.
- Mix first six ingredients using stand mixer or hand mixer until just smooth -- do not over beat.
- Stir in cranberries, orange zest, and walnuts (if using).
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and just set in center.
- 1/2 cup (two sticks) butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- Heat all in medium saucepan over medium heat until combined and golden brown. Cool slightly, then spoon sauce over warm cakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.