Author Notes: This apple cake recipe is from my mother and I remember eating it and loving it while growing up. I have been making it all of my adult life as well. A very delicious comfort food and very simple. - Nancy A.
Serves approximately 24
- 1 cup Oil
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4 cups Chopped Apples (peeled)
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Blend together oil, sugar and eggs in a large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Stir in apples and walnuts.
- Pour batter in a sheet pan and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar while still hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake