If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by the season of autumn. It is also the very first recipe I have ever posted to food52 because it is so incredibly good that I want to share with all of you!
Best of all, this soup is packed with flavor and texture. The apple in the soup adds a little tartness to balance out the sweet and the savory. Last but not least, it is goodie foodie fo yo tummy! This recipe is very versatile. You can also use butternut squash for this recipe - Skinny bitches
- 5 pieces Bacon
- 3.5-4 pounds Acorn Squash
- 1 onion
- olive oil for brushing
- 4-5 cloves garlics, skin on
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 golden delicious apple, chopped
- 2-3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon good quality curry powder
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- a pinch of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch scallion, for garnish
- Fry bacon strips in pan with half a tablespoon of olive oil in medium heat until crispy, then set aside on a paper towel
- Roasting of Squash: Preheat oven to 425F
- Halve squash and brush both sides with a mixture of olive oil, a little salt, and the divided 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Place squash cup side down and roast for 50 min
- Let squash cool until can be handled by hands
- Remove charred squash skin
- In a medium pot, sautee onion, celery, and apple until tender
- Add curry powder, cayenne, cumin, salt and , then add squash into the pot and stir thoroughly
- Transfer squash mixture into blender and puree it
- In the same medium pot, heat 2-3 cups of chicken broth, depending on the consistency of your preference
- Transfer the squash puree back into the warm broth and mix
- Just before boiling, add evaporated milk
- Serve immediately with crumbled crispy bacon and chopped scallions
- This recipe is very versatile. Using butternut squash is just as tasty !
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce