If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Adapted from Cake Keeper Cakes by Lauren Chattman—her recipe is for a pumpkin pound cake in a loaf pan with chocolate chips and walnuts—I doubled the recipe and left out the chips and nuts to have a pure pumpkin taste and to bake a nice tall bundt cake (also I wasn't sure my husband would eat it otherwise.) Also, she used cloves and I couldn’t find mine so I used ginger, a happy accident there. There will be a moment when you are mixing this when you think it isn't going to form a nice smooth batter--keep going, it will come together. Also, this makes a lot of batter, I haven't measured it, but it fills my full size bundt pan almost to the rim. If you have a smaller pan, you may want to take some batter out and bake separately. - susan259
- 3.5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking poweder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2.5 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan that holds at least 12 cups.
- Whisk together in medium size bowl flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy, about three minutes, scrape down sides as needed.
- With mixer on medium low, add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Mix in pumpkin, and then vanilla and milk. The batter will look strange, lumpy and separated, but it is okay.
- Turn mixer to low and add flour mixer about 1/2 cup at a time, again scraping sides as needed. Be sure everything is well mixed.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula. Pan will be very full.
- Bake for 55 minutes to one hour, till golden in color and firm to touch. Let cake cool in pan on rack for ten minutes and then turn cake onto rack to cool completely.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.