If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Well, I did it again…another incredibly tasty recipe using avocados, beets, parsnips and my favorite nuts … a lil macadamia and a lil hazelnut … This is a fabulous dish for anytime of the year but I thought these ingredients were perfect for this fall harvest season… Perhaps this dessert will appear on your Thanksgiving table… Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and tastes on this newly delicious n’ always gluten’ and dairy free creation. —TheHealthyApple
- 2 1/2 cups macadamia nuts, very finely ground
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons all spice
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 2 very ripe avocados, peeled, cored and very finely mashed
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 10 parsnips, peeled and grated
- 4 golden beets, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup hazelnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking dish with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground macadamia nuts with flour, baking soda, all spice, sea salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine agave, avocados and egg substitute; beat on high speed until combined. Add dry ingredients; continue to mix on medium speed until well blended. Slowly add in parsnips, beets and coconut.
- Transfer batter into prepared baking pan; sprinkle with toasted hazelnuts. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.