If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Only 5 Ingredients!!! I think this is an easy & delicious dessert for Thanksgiving! Turkey & sides take up enough time so dessert should be an easy one! Zabaglione is an Italian dessert traditionally made with whisking together egg yolks, Marsala Wine and sugar. Instead of Marsala Wine I used ginger infused syrup in my recipe where I basically made a sugar syrup and added fresh ginger & let it cook until the syrup thickened and then let it cool. Traditional Zabaglione must be made just before serving. In France it’s called Sabayon. - onetribegourmet
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger infused syrup
- 8 large figs, halved
- 3 tablespoons confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Place the egg yolks, sugar and ginger/sugar syrup in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and, using a hand-held electric mixer, beat for 6-8 minutes until a thick & pale.
- Remove from the heat and beat for 4 minutes until the mixture had cooled slightly.
- Pour the custard mixture in a deep round pan.
- Arrange the figs, cut side up on the custard and cook under an oven broiler for 2-3 minutes.
- Dust with Icing sugar before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert