If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Derived from the word French word ‘verre’, meaning glass, verrines are simply layered dishes served as small, semi-solid cordials. Americans might call them parfaits; the English might label them miniature trifles. These Cherry Cheesecake Verrines desserts were a huge hit with my family, and I hope they will be with yours! Have a Happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 16 ounces cherry Jam (warmed)
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and one tablespoon of sugar.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sour cream, confectioners’ sugar and almond and beat until combined.
- In another (chilled) bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Assemble Parfaits: Place about a tablespoon of the graham cracker "crust" in the bottom of your glasses. Layer some of the cheesecake filling in the glasses, then some of the warmed cherry jam and sprinkle some more of the graham cracker on top. (Amounts will vary according to the size of the glasses, or verrines, you choose to use, so just adjust accordingly). Repeat layers and garnish top with a cherry for a pretty presentation if desired.
- If not eating right away, refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Recipe Notes: If you just love the graham cracker "crust" part of a cheesecake, then double the amount to make more.
- If desired, you can substitute 2 cups of fresh fruit for the jam with good results.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
How to Hard Cook Lots of Eggs at Once
Use the oven, you egghead.
Nancy Silverton's Bran Muffins
Wholesome, jammy, Genius.
Style with a breeze.