If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom probably get this from a women's magazine in the mid-60s. We loved it. - mtncook
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Crust: Cut shortening into flour with pastry cutter or 2 knives. Add sugar. Press in the bottom of an 8" square pan. Bake 20-25 minutes then cool on wire rack.
- Filling: Mix gelatin, sugars, salt, cinnamon, ginger and water in saucepan. Let sit until gelatin softens. Heat over medium heat until gelatin dissolves. Stir in ice cream until melted and well mixed. Pour over crust. Chill overnight.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.