If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 sheet ready-made puff pastry
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- pinches nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons strawberry/raspberry jam your choice
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons orgainc sugar or sugar in the raw
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp.
- 1 egg beaten with 1 teaspoon water
- Thaw pastry to room temperature.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except for the cream cheese jam, and egg/water.
- On a cookie sheet, place a piece of parchment paper and place puff pastry opened on top of paper.
- Spread the cream cheese down the center of the pastry then the jam on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly on top of cream cheese & jam.
- With a scissor or knife, cut the dough on each side of the mixture on an angle about ½ inch apart.
- Braid it starting with the first strip and overlapping side to side on top of the mixture.
- Turn the ends under or press together with a fork to seal.
- Brush the pastry with the egg/water mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.