If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came about from a recent, but dim, memory of someone blogging that they disliked the green apple-basil-ginger granita at a certain restaurant as much as they enjoyed the chocolate something-or-another. I thought, what's not to like? An internet search yielded all sorts of variations; I believe the original one came from Gourmet in July 2003, which guided me to the proportions used here.. - Hugetracts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups sparkling apple cider, apple cider, or apple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Using a blender or a mini food processor, whirl ginger, sugar and basil until finely ground
- Pour apple juice and lemon juice into a medium sized bowl, add ginger, sugar and basil, stir
- Allow ingredients to get acquainted for a few minutes, then pour through either a fine-mesh sieve or a few layers of cheesecloth into a 9 x 11 metal baking pan
- Place pan in freezer, and stir every hour or so with a fork to crush lumps until pretty much frozen, about 4 hours.
- After a final crushing, scrape into pretty glasses ... martinti glasses work great!
Tags: no cook
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
You won't be board with this game.