If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grandma Annie Mae Blackwell. I have made this dish for every holiday for at least 28 years. It is simple to make and should be made only a few hours before serving. You can vary the nuts, however the peanuts seem to work best. - camacazi
Serves you decide
- 5 ripe but firm banannas sliced
- 1\2 cups coarsly chopped salted peanuts
- 1/8-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 ounces marichino cherries
- slice banannas place in bowl
- crush peanuts to the point where some are still in small pieces and some resemble coarse meal
- sprinkle with sugar and toss lightly
- just before serving add drained cherries and toss
- plan to make only a few hours before use as this dish will get soggy after a few hours. Ditto the cherries.
- This basic recipie will serve 5-6 persons
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.