If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: While making dinner one evening, cold beverage in hand, I started to think about how nice a dessert would be. "I've got apples, brown sugar, oatmeal...but I don't want to use the oven. Hmmm...what to do..." Suddenly the plan burst forth like Athena from Zeus' forehead. The results were judged to be among the top 1 percent of things I had ever made. - poorlocavore
- 8 cups Apples, cored and diced
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat..
- Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the apples, and mix until they are coated.
- Sautee apples in butter, stirring constantly, until a sauce begins to form; then reduce heat to low.
- Sift flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Cut in rolled oats, then add milk and stir until just mixed.
- Bring skillet heat back up to medium; spoon batter over apples.
- Cook uncovered for approx. 5 minutes, then covered for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat when dumpling topping is firm. Serve a la mode.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
You're the Best, Forget the Rest
The World's 50 Best Restaurants have nothin' on these recipes.
The best restaurant? Your kitchen.
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
These are mmmpanadas.
Raise a (recycled) glass.