Author Notes: A twist on the classic pumpkin pie. Light, airy and delicious. - Erin Powell
- 2 tablespoons Dark Rum
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Gelatin
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- pinches Ground Cloves
- pinches Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cups Heavy Cream
- 3/4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- In a heat proof bowl sprinkle the gelatin over the rum. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, incorporating by hand to ensure the sugar is free of lumps.
- Mix the pumpkin puree and egg yolks together. Whisk in dry ingredients.
- Heat rum and gelatin over a water bath until gelatin is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, whisk heavy cream and vanilla in the bowl of a Kitchen Aid stand mixer until soft peaks are formed.
- Whisk rum mixture into pumpkin puree.
- Carefully fold whipped cream into pumpkin with a whisk, do not over mix or mousse will begin to deflate.
- Scoop with an ice cream scoop into serving glasses and garnish accordingly with toffee bits, whipped cream or white chocolate curls.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert