If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A twist on the classic pumpkin pie. Light, airy and delicious. - Erin Powell
- 2 tablespoons Dark Rum
- 1 teaspoon Powdered Gelatin
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- pinches Ground Cloves
- pinches Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Heavy Cream
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- In a heat proof bowl sprinkle the gelatin over the rum. Let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl, incorporating by hand to ensure the sugar is free of lumps.
- Mix the pumpkin puree and egg yolks together. Whisk in dry ingredients.
- Heat rum and gelatin over a water bath until gelatin is dissolved.
- Meanwhile, whisk heavy cream and vanilla in the bowl of a Kitchen Aid stand mixer until soft peaks are formed.
- Whisk rum mixture into pumpkin puree.
- Carefully fold whipped cream into pumpkin with a whisk, do not over mix or mousse will begin to deflate.
- Scoop with an ice cream scoop into serving glasses and garnish accordingly with toffee bits, whipped cream or white chocolate curls.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert