If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love apples. I love cream cheese. I love caramel. I love cake. What could be better than cream cheesy apple cake with caramel glaze? - jerseyhousewife
Serves 8 - 10
Cake with cream cheese filling
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened + 2 tablespoons (divided)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, + 1/2 cup (divided)
- 3 eggs + 1 egg (for filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add diced apples, nutmeg and cinnamon. Cook until apples are soft, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (f) and prepare a Bundt pan with butter and flour.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together one-half cup of butter with the sugar. Add three eggs, one at a time and beat well. Mix in vanilla and milk. Combine with dry ingredients. Fold in cooked apples.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, one egg, 1/2 cup sugar and the zest of one lemon. Mix until smooth in texture.
- Pour half the cake batter into prepared Bundt pan. Spoon cream cheese filling evenly over batter and then cover with remaining half of the batter. Bake for 50 - 55 minutes, or until cake is done. You can test doneness by pressing lightly on the cake to see if it springs back. Cool completely.
- Prepare caramel glaze with pecans. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar and cook, stirring until sugar is melted completely. Add salt and cream and continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove cake from pan and spoon glaze evenly over cake. Sprinkle chopped pecans over top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.