If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I once made a Pumpkin Goat Cheese Cheesecake that was really unusual and delicious. Here are the same flavors, in cupcake form. Sometimes, I dip the tops of the nekkid cupcakes into a simple cinnamon and powdered sugar icing, to keep the cupcakes vegan. —mrslarkin
Makes 12 cupcakes or one 9" cake
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- turbinado sugar, for decorating cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with Pam. Line with paper cupcake liners and spray the liners.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and blend well.
- Here's an easy way to measure liquids and wet solids together: In a 2-cup measuring cup, measure out the 1/2 cup water and 3/4 cup oil. Add the 3/4 cup pumpkin puree. You should be at the 2-cup line now. Add the vinegar and stir together the wet ingredients.
- Stir wet into dry until smooth. Fill cupcake liners evenly. Lick the bowl, if you so desire.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. I rotate my cupcake pan half way through the baking time. Let cool 5 minutes, then remove cupcakes to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- If you’d like, you can bake the batter in a 9” cake pan, sprayed with Pam and lined with parchment, for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Frost. Lick the bowl, if you so desire. Lightly sprinkle turbinado sugar over top.
goat cheese frosting (makes quite a bit of frosting; reduce the recipe according to your needs and wants)
- 6 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 3 cups sifted powdered sugar, or more
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the wet ingredients together until smooth.
- Add the sifted powdered sugar. Pulse mixer slowly at first, then increase speed until frosting is thick and spreadable to your liking. If too runny, mix in a spoonful of powdered sugar at a time.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Pie Thanksgiving Dessert
Just Butter Isn't Better
Why making your own ghee is worth it
Make your own ghee.
The dreamiest foods around.
Stop slamming salad.
A can-do tool.