If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been making this cake for many years and I am proud to say it once won first place when I entered it in a "bake off" at work. Its delicious for breakfast or a light dessert. —Dotty
Serves approximately 15
- 4 cups apples peeled and cut small (Gala, Rome, or Paula Red work well}
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cups canola or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts and/or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With large spoon mix together apples, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Combine dry ingredients (except nuts and raisins) and stir into apple mixture. Mix until flour is blended in.
- Add nuts and raisins.
- Spray 9 X 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and spoon mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake
The Daily Grind
Make this Indian spice mix and never go back to pre-ground
You need to make this Indian spice mix.
Show zucchini some love.
It's time to travel.
Blend your plums—seriously.