Author Notes: I have been making this cake for many years and I am proud to say it once won first place when I entered it in a "bake off" at work. Its delicious for breakfast or a light dessert. - Dotty
Serves approximately 15
- 4 cups apples peeled and cut small (Gala, Rome, or Paula Red work well}
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ cups canola or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts and/or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With large spoon mix together apples, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Combine dry ingredients (except nuts and raisins) and stir into apple mixture. Mix until flour is blended in.
- Add nuts and raisins.
- Spray 9 X 13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray and spoon mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Apple Cake