If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With a great influence from Northern Italy I was inspired to create this vegetarian Risotto, which I’m sure will get a great feedback from your family and friends when you present them this Aubergine and Mushroom Risotto this spring.
I love spring as it produce great fresh vegetables to use for my cooking. As soon as I go in the markets surrounded with hundreds of God’s produce, my mind just ignite my creativity switch to experiment in my next dish. It’s my first Risotto dish I’m posting in here and it’s sad as I am a Risotto Lover, not just eating them but also cooking them. I would eat Risotto 5 times a week without getting bored .
Well, for this Aubergine and Mushroom Risotto recipe basically I used fresh market vegetables together with Arborio Rice (Risotto Rice) and a nice glass of Soave wine to go into the Risotto and obviously leave some to sip for your meal. Important to use Arborio rice for Risottos as this starchy rice will have the nice creamy like end product. Normally a Risotto is finished with a knob of butter or sometimes cream but I omitted these and still got the consistence one will look for in a Risotto as you see in the photos below. —Gordon Attard
- 200g arborio rice
- 1 piece onion
- 2 pieces cloves of garlic, fine chopped
- 1 piece small carrot, small diced
- 5 pieces mushrooms, break with hands
- 4 tablespoons aubergines, diced
- 6 pieces black olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons parsley. chopped
- 150 milliliters Soave white wine
- 600 milliliters vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- - Using a deep sauce pan, add the olive oil and heat up. Fry the chopped onions, garlic & carrots.
- - Add the diced aubergines and mushrooms while continue frying for another minute.
- - In the sauce pan add the Arborio Rice and toast for 30 seconds, then add the white wine and leave to rice to absorb while mixing constantly.
- - Then start pouring the vegetable stock to the risotto mixture just to cover and leave the liquid to be absorbed before you add another ladle of stock into the mixture.
- - Continue this process till you finish your stock. It will take approx. 18mins for the Risotto to be cooked al dente
- - Finish the Risotto by adding the pitted whole black olives and chopped parsley.
- - You can serve the Aubergine & Mushroom Risotto with some Parmesan Shavings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
Yes, You (Beer) Can
The trials, tribulations, and success of a tricky chicken
The invincible beer can chicken.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.