If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This my go to side dish because it is easy to prepare, something that I can make ahead and/or freeze, and it goes with turkey, chicken, beef, pork, or fish. Really it does. There is not a holiday meal without this carrot casserole. Everyone loves it. We traditionally make it in a bundt pan and then place buttered peas in the middle of the turned out casserole before serving it. I have made it in ramekins, but you can double the recipe and put it in a 13x9 casserole dish. —MyCommunalTable
- 2 cups mashed cooked carrots
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs (28 squares)
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated white onion
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease bundt pan throughly.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes. 40 minutes if you double the recipe and use a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Convert on to platter and add to your holiday buffet.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Root Vegetable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Carrot Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
Spick and Span
Our staff's best storage tips and tricks
Our staff's best storage tips.
This week's #happylist.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our favorite 3-ingredient (or fewer!) recipes.
Storage made crystal clear.