If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Most years -Louis and I go to my best friend's house for Thanksgiving ,whereby I'm asked to bring my roasted root & quince side dish highlighting the more obscure "parsnip" & illustrious "quince" ( the" forbidden apple" in the Garden of Eden) fused together with carnelized sweet potatoes, garnet yams, yukon gold potatoes , baby pearl onions ,garlic, herbs ,extra virgin olive oil & hazelnut or macadamia nut oil then roasted to perfection! - micki barzilay
- 6 Parsnips
- 4 Quinces ( if not available a Green Apple may be substituted)
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Garnet Yams
- 6 Carrots
- 1 pound petite baby onions
- 6 Yukon Gold Potatoes ( Medium-Sized)
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 1 cup Extra Vigin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut or Macadamia Nut Oil
- 4 sprigs of Rosemary
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 sprig of sage
- 1 cube of butter
- Remove skin from all vegies, then rub them each down with a clove of garlic and cut them into 1 inch cubes. Finely chop the remaining garlic and set aside. Skin and cube the quince like an apple. In an oven safe casserole lightly coat with olive oil layering first with the finely chopped garlic then the vegies,quince, and onions drizzle everything with the EVVO and Hazelnut / Macadamia Oil, & sprinkle evenly with herbs in 300 degree oven tossing lightly periodically till vegies are soft , lighly golden brown & carmelized, ( being sure not to burn). Just before serving place chips of butter across the top and flash in broiler for 20-30 seconds just to quickly melt butter ( be sure to keep your eye on it to make sure it does not burn) ! Serve immediately.Happy Thanksgiving!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side