Author Notes: My grandmother made this every Thanksgiving (and only at Thanksgiving) until she died. For me, Thanksgiving just doesn't seem complete without it... It freezes beautifully and although the recipe calls for canned fruit, I have tried it with fresh and it's good that way too, just more labor intensive. There is no category for "Fruit" so I chose "Vegetables" - DeArmasA
- 1 large can peach halves
- 1 large can Bartlett pears
- 1 regular sized can of pineapple chunks
- 1 regular size can of cherries
- 1 package slivered almonds
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- Drain all fruit in a colander. Butter casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350F (or assemble in a crock pot).
- Chop butter in small pieces and mix with sugar and curry. Place half of the fruit in the casserole dish, top with half of the butter/sugar/curry mixture. Repeat. Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake until bubbly, approximately 30 minutes. Can be made ahead and re-heated or made in a crock pot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side