If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make this when my sisters visit. We all love it and it's always a holiday when we get together no matter what time of year. Mom likes it too :-) I always make this on the grill - ours is gas and easy to fire up whenever, but I imagine it would work in a grill pan as well. - aargersi
- 1 bottle of balsamic vinegar
- 4 (are they called heads?) of endive. I like to use both white and red if I can get them
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- salt and pepper
- Reduce the balsamic - just pour it in a pan and simmer until it's about half the original volume. It will thicken into a fabulous balsamic syrupy goo as it cools. I keep this on hand at all times.
- Heat the grill to medium high. Trim the endives and cut them in half. Drizzle with the olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Grill them until they just start to char - turning to get all sides. They should still be a bit crisp in the middle.
- Remove them to a cutting board and slice. Toss them in a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of the balsamic, then toss in the cheese and nuts. Grind a bit more pepper over and serve warm. Enjoy with your sisters. Be silly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side