Author Notes: I was looking for a new way to serve Brussels Sprouts, since most recipes required lemon zest I decided to add the acidic note in a different way. Something delicious happened! The tart and slightly bitter flavor of the sprouts harmonized and they became buttery and delicious. Enjoy! - hip pressure cooking
- 1.5 pounds Brussel Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1 Pomegranate
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Prepare your Pressure cooker (or steaming vessel) by adding one cup of water and the steamer basket, set aside.
- Peel the outer layer of the Brussels Sprouts, and cut the stem to the base.
- Place sprouts inside pressure cooker. Close and lock the lid and count 3-4 minutes cooking time under pressure. If you do not have a pressure cooker, you can steam your sprouts in your favorite steaming vessel (microwave, stove-top, ect.) for 7-11 minutes.
- In the meantime, remove the pomegranate seeds from the fruit and toast the pine nuts.
- When the cooking time is finished, take your pressure cooker to the sink and open it using the quick-water release method - run a stream of cold water on the top until the pressure comes down and the lock disengages.
- Transfer the sprouts to a serving bowl, dress with salt, pepper and olive oil. Sprinkle with pine nuts and pomegranate seeds and serve warm or room temperature!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side