If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a savory variation on standard rolled oats. Ricotta salata browns nice, oatmeal and thyme make for good fall flavors —abscrat
- 3 cups rolled oats, pref. gluten free
- 4 ounces ricotta salata
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup brazil nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs chives
- 3 cups filtered water
- dashes salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Add salt to water and bring to a roiling boil. Add oats and simmer until porridge consistency is achieved. Set aside and let cool(this is also a good recipe for using up leftover oatmeal).
- Add oats and simmer until porridge consistency is achieved. Set aside and let cool(this is also a good recipe for using up leftover oatmeal).
- Slice ricotta salata very thin and sautee in butter with minced garlic and brazil nuts until edges are browned.
- Add oatmeal and fresh herbs, cracked pepper and stir gently, but do not mix well.Best served hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
Grill Your Greens
The salad of summer
Grill your greens.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.