If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not your average mashed sweet potatoes! For someone who doesn't know what is in it, it's difficult to pin what the flavor is. The pear brings something fresh and new to the taste and texture of the sweet potato. Try it, it's delicious! —caramiller
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 large, firm Bartlett pears (peeled and cut into 1/3" slices)
- 3/4 cup pear nectar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinammon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- Bake potatoes in a 400 degree oven until soft
- Melt the butter in saute pan. Add pears and soften, 5 min.
- Add nectar and let simmer on med/low heat covered. Of necessary, add more nectar. Simmer another 4-5 minutes.
- Puree the pears and transfer into large bowl.
- Scrape out the potatoes and add to the pears along with the rest of ingredients.
- Yummy! Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.