If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This originally came from a three ring binder recipe book from some Woman's organization (not sure which one). It originally had butter in it, but I changed things up to make it vegan. I like gala apples, but feel free to use any cooking apple. - sunkisst22
- 5 yams
- 5 apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Clean yams, then bring enough water to boil to cover yams by an inch. Boil yams 20 minutes, or until fork tender. Cool yams on a plate until cool enough to handle. Skin yams and then slice 1/4" length wise.
- Peel, core, and slice apples.
- While yams are cooking butter a 9*13 baking dish. Preheat oven to 375. Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in sauce pan. Add water and pineapple juice, stir to combine. Bring mixture to boil and boil for one minute.
- In buttered 9*13 baking dish, alternately layer yams and apples, ending with yams. Pour sauce over casserole and bake until bubbling, about one hour.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
The Underrated Pantry Hero
A love you never knew you had for Cracklin' Oat Bran.
Cereal = Dessert
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Recipe of the Day
The Daily Grind
A Shoo-In Salad