If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Here is a colorful, festive salad for your holiday table! —Anthony Chiffolo
- 1 bunch romaine
- 2 heads radicchio
- 1 cucumber (unpeeled)
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 handful red Kalamata olives, pitted
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Wash the romaine and the radicchio and pull apart the leaves, placing them in two distinct and separate bunches.
- Score the cucumber with a fork (it looks decorative!) and cut into round slices. Place them in the center of a large bowl.
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges and build them around and on top of the cucumbers in the bowl. Th is should create a good base near the top of the bowl on which to build the romaine/ radicchio design, as follows:
- With the furrowed side down, and the root end pointing to the center of the bowl, create a pinwheel design of red and green, alternating the radicchio leaves with the romaine, folding in the sides to make a tight arrangement.
- Place the handful of olives in the center, enough to cover the variety of leaf ends.
- Drizzle the Balsamic vinaigrette over the salad; toss just before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.