If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is inspired by a Bobby Flay recipe that I had been wanting to try, but which called for heavy cream. I love the substitution of coconut not only for it's health benefits, but for the sweet creaminess that it adds to this dish. The sweetness of the potatoes, the creaminess of the coconut milk, and the spiciness of the chipotles and cinnamon come together to create a nicely-balanced, easy to prepare side dish. —JenCereghino
- 4 Yams or Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cups Canned Coconut Milk (regular)
- 1 Chipotle in Adobo
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice sweet potatoes into 1/8" thick rounds.
- Add one chipotle pepper, 1 tbls. of adobo sauce, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, and coconut milk to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- In a 10 x 10 x 2-inch casserole, arrange the potatoes in an even layer on the bottom of the casserole, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of the coconut milk mixture and season with salt and pepper. Repeat with the remaining potatoes, coconut milk, and salt and pepper to form 8-10 layers. Press down on the layers to totally submerge in the coconut mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon. Gratin can be covered and refrigerated, for up to two days, until ready to bake.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, remove cover and continue baking for 30-45 minutes, or until the coconut milk has been absorbed and the potatoes are cooked through and the top is browned.
- Remove from oven and cover. Let set for 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.