Author Notes: A quick Indian side dish which will totally spice up your meal. All you need is potatoes and three spices, and you might not want to turn to mashed potatoes again (atleast for a while). - kulsum Kunwa
- 3 Large size Potatoes
- 2 teaspoons red chilly powder (reduce to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon mango powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- Boil the potatoes till almost fork tender. Don't let it completely boil through as it will cook further.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters.
- Meanwhile mix the spices and water together including the salt.
- In a wok, heat the oil and fry the potatoes for couple of minutes.
- Add the spice mixture and quickly toss the potatoes around to absorb all the spice. Cook for 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with garnish of cilantro.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegetarian Holiday Side