If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I originally made this recipe about 20 years ago based on a recipe from a magazine. I didn't keep the recipe, but I've been making (and modifying) it ever since. —Kevin
- 1 pound small waxy potatoes, slice into 1/4" rounds
- 2 md. carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4" rounds
- 6 ounces gruyere, shredded
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary and parsley
- 6 tablespoons chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350F. Butter a small baking dish (about 8 inches in diameter.
- Cook potatoes and carrots in boiling, salted water until bust tender.
- Arrange a layer of potatoes and carrots in the baking dish, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, sprinkle with a tablespoon of herbs, sprinkle with a third of the cheese. Repeat for two more layers. Add chicken broth.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and cook another 15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Gratin
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.