If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple dish is perfect for a mid-week supper, yet elegant enough for a dinner party. The recipe evolved from one I found years ago in a food magazine. I find that frozen artichokes taste better than do canned. - Lizthechef
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 10 oz. package artichoke hearts, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- zest of one Meyer or other organic lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts to even thickness of 1/2 inch. Salt and pepper both sides of each breast.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Over medium heat, brown the chicken on both sides, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to 9 X 11 ceramic or glass baking dish. Cover the chicken with the artichoke hearts.
- Add the sherry, lemon zest and lemon juice to juices in the frying pan. Stir over medium heat until hot, several minutes. Add the creme fraiche. Remove from heat and pour over chicken and artichokes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and panko.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until hot and bubbling.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.