If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don’t know about you but in my family we always make two separate potato side dishes for our Thanksgiving Dinner. Mashed potatoes are a must but a roasted potatoes side dish is always present on the menu. I was inspired by Mediterranean & North African spices from my recent trip to Morocco & Turkey and brought back a suitcase full of spices back with me! - onetribegourmet —onetribegourmet
Food52 Review: True to her goal of making global cuisine accessible, onetribegourmet's inventive and delicious recipe introduces za'atar, a traditional Middle Eastern spice blend to crisp, oven-roasted potatoes. We're especially thrilled to have a blueprint for mixing our own za'atar, which would perk up just about anything, from roast chicken to scrambled eggs to a nice slab of grilled steak. Onetribegourmet notes that the spices can be ground, but we love the extra-crispy bites of potato that result from leaving them coarse. - A&M —The Editors
Roasted Potatoes Seasoned with Homemade Za'atar & Aleppo Pepper
- 2-3 lbs of Potatoes, cut up, I used red & purple organic fingerling potatoes & golden round Buttercream variety
- 3-4 tablespoons Za'atar
- 2 tablespoons Aleppo Pepper (or to taste)
- juice of one lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Homemade Za'atar Recipe
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons sumac
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Please Note: You can grind the Za’atar in a coffee grinder for a finer texture. I left it course for this recipe.
- pre-heat the oven, 400 degrees
- cut up the potatoes into bite size pieces
- In a bowl, mix the potatoes with Za’atar, Aleppo Pepper, lemon juice, & extra virgin olive oil.
- Roast the potatoes in a baking dish for 40 – 50 minutes or until the potatoes are tender & golden brown.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.