If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The original recipe is from an old cookbook, 1970's I believe, and it is a very festive, "happy holidays", type of dessert. Best part of it is that it is only about a 100 calories per cupcake. —Diethood
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, in juice
- 1 packet (3 oz.) sugar-free raspberry flavor gelatin
- 1 packet (3 oz.) sugar-free strawberry flavor gelatin
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2/3 cup walnuts, ground
- 1 apple, chopped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Put the gelatin (just the powder) in a large bowl.
- Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 2 ½ cups; pour into saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the water into the gelatin mix and stir for 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in the pineapple, cranberry sauce, nuts, and apples.
- Spoon into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove desserts from liners before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).