Author Notes: I can't exactly recall how this recipe came about, but I have been making it for years and it is now my most requested "thing to bring". Although I almost always make it with brie, it is amazingly versatile and can be used in many ways. - obleak1
- 12 ounces Fresh Cranberries
- 1/3 cup Dried Currants
- 3/4 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 (more or less) tablespoons Canned Chipotles, Pureed
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 8 oz. Wheels of Brie
- Put cranberries, currants, brown sugar, and water in a large saucepan. Meanwhile, puree chipotle. Scrape off the adobo sauce, and depending on how hot you like things, remove seeds and adjust amount of chipotle you actually use. I use my Cuisinart to puree, but you could easily do a very fine chop on these. Once berries begin to pop, add chipotle, cinnamon and salt. Once berries have all popped, allow to cool. At this point, you can refrigerate it for later use.
- When you are ready to serve, pour marmalade over wheels of brie and bake in a 350 oven until brie is softened (about 20 minutes).
- I like this best served with warmed tostadas.
- If you would rather not use the brie, you can easily substitute blocks of cream cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish