If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I always have most of these items in my pantry. I love the crunch of fried wontons and who doesn't love cheese and chilis. Was a natural match but the dipping sauce is always the key. It makes the dish. Try to make it 3 days ahead to let the flavors meld but at least the day before, then warm through. Fry the wontons and watch them disappear. This could not be any easier but it packs a nice punch. - Stockout
- 1 4oz can chopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 cup shredded Hot Pepper Jack cheese (4oz)
- 30 wonton skins
- Cooking Oil for deep-frying
- In a medium mixing bowl combine chili peppers and cheese. Postition wonton skins with 1 point toward you.
- Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling just off center of skin.
- Roll bottom point of wonton skin over filling; tuck point under filling.
- Roll once to cover filling, leaving about 1" unrolled at the top of the skin. Moisten the right-hand corner of the skin with water.
- Grasp the right and left corners of the skin; bring these corners toward you below the filling.
- Overlap the left corner over the right corner. Press the wonton skin securely to seal. They will look like miniature egg-rolls.
- Fry wontons, a few at a time, in deep hot oil (365) for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or till golden. Drain on paper towels.
Tomato Coriander Sauce
- 1 small 7 1/2 oz can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 small green onion, cut up (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon butter or butter spread
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, a good smoked or hot one
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
- In a blender container or food processor bowl combine the undrained tomatoes, coriander or parsley, green onion, butter or spread, garlic and paprika.
- Cover and blend till finely chopped.
- Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 1 cup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Take Summer Food Inside
11 DIY projects to make when it's too hot to go outside.
Cool Eats for Hot Days
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Anna Jones Loves Vegetables
The Daily Grind
Italian Breakfast Buns