If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is probably my favorite all-time cookie recipe, and is definitely the most requested by friends and family. I once made several hundred of them as the late night snack for our friends' wedding reception -- the ultimate open house! I've tweaked it over the years, but in the end, it is a pretty simple recipe that yields very delicious results. - MplsCitified
Makes 3 dozen
Toasted Cashew Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 9-10 ounces cashew halves and pieces
Browned Butter Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and adjust oven rack to middle position.
- Chop by hand or use a food processor to finely chop the cashews until no large pieces remain. Toast the cashews in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until they are deep brown in color. Allow the toasted cashews to cool
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside. Add the butter and brown sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla, beating well to combine. Add sour cream and beat until just comined. Gradually add the flour mixture and gently mix to combine. Fold in the cooled and toasted cashews. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes until edges are set and the cookies are starting to brown lightly. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the dairy solids in the butter turn dark brown and smell very nutty. Remove from heat and add to powdered sugar. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in half & half until smooth and easily spreadable.
- Frost the cooled cookies with the browned butter frosting. Allow the frosting to set before covering the cookies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Around the World in 16 Breakfasts
The most important meal of the day, the international way.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Wildcard Winner: Texas Tailgate Burger
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.