If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite hors d'oeuvres are easy to put together and full of flavor. It is no wonder then, that I love baked cheese and often have at least one version on the table during cocktail hour. Although I usually turn to brie for this task, this recipe is lovely with bucheron. - gingerroot
Serves 4-6 as a starter, easily doubled
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, washed and picked over
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Frangelico
- 1 round bucheron (goat cheese)
- Position oven rack in top third of oven. Preheat broiler.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter until it begins to brown.
- Carefully add cranberries (if your butter is sputtering, you may want to remove saucepan from heat momentarily to avoid burning yourself when you add cranberries).
- Add brown sugar and frangelico. Allow mixture to bubble and cook for about 4 minutes. Cranberries should split open. Remove mixture from heat.
- Meanwhile, place bucheron round in a broiler proof container.
- Spoon all of the cranberries and some of the liquid on to the goat cheese round. Reserve remaining liquid.
- Broil for 3 minutes.
- Transfer cranberry studded bucheron round to serving plate. Spoon additional liquid over cheese and cranberries. Serve with crackers or crostini.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish