If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cheese souffle is impressive, but deceptive. You make it in a cuisinart. I call it The American Way Cheese Souffle. Leave it to us to find the short cut. It is perfect for entertaining since it is easy and very popular. I have made this many times, and the bowl is always scrapped clean. It can be served with a thinly sliced baguette, but it goes just as well with homemade tortilla chips. Note: Served with a green salad, this dish also makes a lovely supper. Cheers. —Waverly
- 1 1/2 pounds grated mixture of cheddar, pepper jack, gruyere, and mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese (full fat)
- PREP: preheat oven to 350. Generously grease a large souffle dish with butter.
- MIX: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- BAKE: Pour mixture into the souffle dish and bake until golden brown on top, about 1 1/2 hours.
- SERVE: Serve warm with a thinly sliced baguette or tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Tomatoes! Peaches! Strawberries!
Our favorite #F52farmstands.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.