Author Notes: This cheese souffle is impressive, but deceptive. You make it in a cuisinart. I call it The American Way Cheese Souffle. Leave it to us to find the short cut. It is perfect for entertaining since it is easy and very popular. I have made this many times, and the bowl is always scrapped clean. It can be served with a thinly sliced baguette, but it goes just as well with homemade tortilla chips. Note: Served with a green salad, this dish also makes a lovely supper. Cheers. - Waverly
- 1 1/2 pound grated mixture of cheddar, pepper jack, gruyere, and mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese (full fat)
- PREP: preheat oven to 350. Generously grease a large souffle dish with butter.
- MIX: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until fully combined.
- BAKE: Pour mixture into the souffle dish and bake until golden brown on top, about 1 1/2 hours.
- SERVE: Serve warm with a thinly sliced baguette or tortilla chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish