If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Thinking of trilogies, quite the vegetarian opposite alternative to the tur-duck-en, especially in miniature, somehow I came up with these. Endive, tomato and capers form the first trilogy. Then cheeses include feta, parmesan and percorino. Grated lemon, orange, and ginger together with chopped fennel, dill and flat leaf parsley, and finally coarse salt, pepper and ground fennel seed are the final threesomes. —Sagegreen
- 24 Belgian endive leaves, washed, dried and trimmed
- 36 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 ounces capote capers
- 6 ounces crumpled Bulgarian sheep's feta, or a goat cheese
- 3 ounces fresh grated parmesan
- 3 ounces fresh grated percorino
- 6 ounces finely chopped fresh fennel greens
- 3 ounces chopped fresh dill
- 3 ounces chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 ounces fresh orange zest
- 2 ounces fresh lemon zest
- 2 ounces peeled fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons fresh milled pepper
- coarse salt, to taste
- 3 ounces or so olive oil with a peppery finish
- juice of 2 fresh lemons
- Arrange the endive leaves on a baking sheet.
- Add the halved grape tomatoes, about 2-3 per leaf. Add a quick spritz of some lemon.
- The sprinkle the capers around the tomatoes. Add the chopped herbs and fresh fennel and grated ginger and citrus zest. Finish with the crumpled and grated cheeses, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of the dried fennel, pepper and salt on top.
- Heat these under a broiler for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown. Add a finishing squeeze of fresh lemon juice and serve right away.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.