If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No one wants to be in the kitchen while everyone is enjoying the party. This open house dish takes so little effort with such a gourmet result. Happy Holidays! - Table9
Serves a crowd
- 1 Loaf of French Bread, Cut into 1" Rounds and Each Slice Brushed with Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Crumbled Gorgonzola Cheese, Tossed with 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 Jar Blackberry Farm Fig Preserves
- 5 Large Shallots, Thinly Sliced
- 2 tablespoons Rice Flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Good Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl toss the shallots in rice flour and olive oil. Spread shallots evenly on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the shallots are crisp. Lightly salt and let cool.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees. Place bread rounds on a baking sheet and lightly toast. Remove and set aside.
- Set up an assembly line: bread rounds, fig preserves, gorgonzola and shallots. Spread the preserves on the toasted bread rounds, sprinkle with gorgonzola and then top with crispy shallots.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish